Tuesday, 24 July 2012

7 weeks and the financial hiccup - update

Not too much to say today, bubs are both at around 7 weeks today.

However there has been a financial hiccup and I hope it can be rectified as soon as possible. I'm one of these people that always pays bills on time or earlier, so I feel a bit uneasy about the mix up.

This is what happened, last Tuesday I made my 6 week payment. A week passes and I don't hear whether the payment has been received, so I thought I would follow up with an email.  I received a response very quickly telling me that I had paid it into their old account and that account has now been closed.

So as you can imagine, I'm a tad stressed.

I am partly to blame as they did note that their account details had changed in their 6 week email to me,  but it was towards the end and I didn't pay any attention as it appeared stock standard wording, plus I'd already set them up as a regular payee. Though I am not sure why they wouldn't keep their old account open during a transition period.

So I logged into my Internet banking and the funds have not bounced back, so I have called and spoken to a few people at the bank and have been advised that I need to call back tomorrow when the 'International Team' is working. I'm worried that it will be a painful process to chase up the money and get it sent to the right account.

Hopefully this update will help prevent others from making the same mistake.


Update 25th July 
Spoke to a number of people in the bank and they had sent me a secure email telling me the money had bounced (you think they would call for a large some of money- but then again if 5 days had passed they would have reconverted the funds and I would have lost out $1000) see below.

I have given them the correct details and the funds should be reissued in the next few days.


Dear Sir/Madam,

We refer to your instruction to remit an International Payment for INR 536,968.18 on 18/07/2012, in favour of SCI HEALTHCARE VISHAL DUTT GOUR, which was sent under our reference xxxxxxx

The overseas bank is unable to make the payment in terms of your instructions and they have cancelled it, returning the funds to us (less their charges) as "UNABLE TO APPLY - 'BENEFICIARY ACCOUNT CLOSED".

We are presently holding the sum of -- INR 536,468.18 and seek you instructions for disposal.

If you would like to provide us with new information, we will send a new payment

Please confirm the amount for which you would like the payment to be resent

Original amount- INR 536,968.18.

(Please provide authority to debit your account with INR 500.00 being the difference amount)


Returned amount- INR 536468.18

*** PLEASE NOTE: If no confirmation is received concerning the amount that needs to be re-effected, we will re-effect the payment for the returned amount ***

If you instruct us to return the funds to your ANZ account, we will convert at the current day's prevailing exchange rate.

If we do not receive your response by close of business 27/07/2012, we will credit your account using the current day's prevailing exchange rate.

As per current prevailing exchange rate the loss is AUD 950.00 

If you have any questions, you can make an enquiry via Secure Mail. Simply select Contact Us from the left-hand navigation menu of ANZ Internet Banking and choose International Enquiries.

We look forward to your reply.
Note: If you would like to receive a text message to notify you that we have sent a Securemail, please log on to Internet Banking and add your mobile number under 'Change Personal Address / Contact Details' in the 'Update Details' tab. If you require assistance please call 131314

The Manager
Customer Enquiry Unit
Payment & Cash Operations
ANZ REF: ROF9888895/SK

Tuesday, 17 July 2012

6 Weeks

Firstly, I just received my 6 week scan and the two singletons are doing well. Heartbeats were recorded at 128 and 132.

The scan also picked up another sac, that has no embryo. The email noted that the sac would naturally be absorbed into the body. This bit of extra info saved me from having to consult with Dr Google.

It has been a busy couple of weeks and I apologise for not blogging earlier. I've taken this time to reflect and expedite my plans to move back to Perth, to be closer to family. With twins I have realised that I will be flat off my feet, and the support I can receive from family will be a lifeline.

Originally, I was going to patiently stay in Canberra, until I could either get a transfer with work or a redundancy payment. My dilemma about moving back to Perth earlier was that I would possibly loose a number of entitlements that I have accrued over the years, as well as the excellent family working arrangements. However, one good thing is that my work will hold my job open for me in Canberra for 2 years and during this time I will apply for positions in the Perth office.

The other thing that has kept me busy is what should I do with the house? I haven't decided if I am going to sell it or rent it out and I'm in two minds about it. I do love this house and the market here at the moment is not that strong, so I am leaning towards renting it out for a couple of years and maybe buying something small in Perth.  I am keeping all my options open and already have a huge spruce-up-the-house to do list.

I'm also heading across to Perth in a couple of weeks to catch up with family and let my parents know that they have more grandchildren on the way. They will be fairly surprised, as I kept the trip to India a secret, but I know they will be supportive.

Well I need to get some sleep.


Monday, 2 July 2012


Great news!

Both my lovely surrogates are expecting.

Looking at the HCG levels of 101 and 180, I'm taking a wild guess (with some help of Dr Google) that I am having twin-singletons.

I am thrilled, estatic and over the moon.


Sunday, 1 July 2012

How can 14 days take so long?

Well the 14 days is creeping up. Monday, 2nd of July is the day.

I am hoping for good news, but if it isn't, I will keep on trying.

I will keep you posted.