Friday 18 May 2012

Surrogacy Australia's First Conference

A sign that was put on on Sainte Catherine, Berri Uqam,
Montreal - Basically it means
'there will be a time and place where you can be yourself'
Next weekend, I'm heading to Melbourne for Australia's first surrogacy conference.

Me and Darth Vader 
Ice Hotel - Quebec City 
In Australia, there has been some debate about same-sex marriage and that same sex couples should not be having a children, as children need a mother and father.

This argument drives me insane, it is people's behaviours that make the difference not their title. The focus should be on what behaviors make a good parent, rather than what gender they are.

The other week, Minister Penny Wong who had a baby with her partner was asked to defend her family on TV.  From what i recall a conservative MP was talking about the mum and dad issue, so when he was asked by the audience 'what makes him a better parent than Penny' he was not able to back up his argument, and Penny delivered a very subtle softly spoken comeback. The look on his face was priceless.

Well back to the Conference.

I am very much looking forward to heading to Melbourne and meeting others in the same boat or those who are thinking of boarding.

Melbourne reminds me a lot of Montreal and it has been just over 6 months since I moved back to Australia. I think I am starting to get the hang up uploading photos.

A


1 comment:

  1. Hey Adrian, It was really lovely meeting you too. I wish you much success on the journey. I saw that Q&A program too and Penny got that absolutely right. One day soon I am hopeful Australia will start keeping up with the times!Love your photos. If you need any advice or just want to chat happy to help at any point. all the very best mel

    ReplyDelete